Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog 10: Reflection


Based on the content of this course I find that the most interesting topics we have explored has been illusion and reality and destiny and freewill.  These two thematic concepts are found in all three of the literary works we have covered. I find it most intriguing because never before in class have I learned this content. The Matrix took me for a cinematic ride with the special effects and deeper meaning. If I didn’t see the movie with the class Id probably would have not appreciated the overall movie. 
The Allegory in the Cave stunned me by the message Plato communicated.  The idea of what is true reality or what is an illusion I find interesting.  In Oedipus the King the idea of free will and destiny parallel the matrix and I like how all three works share the same idea even if it’s from different contexts. I would like to know more about how I can make connection with these themes in society today.  
As I writer in these blogs I have seen an improvement in my work. In the beginning of the blogs my weakness was grammar and spelling. A minor problem compared to others yet it lowered my credibility as a writer.  I would consider my strengths to be my vivid descriptions and choose of words.
The use of blogs instead of papers has been my favorite aspect of this course so far. It is easier for me to access the HW and stay punctual. I show my blogs to my friends and other people and they seem always impressed.  The only regret is that I keep my other tabs open while I type such as Tumblr and Twitter.  From what I have heard recently muti-tasking isn’t always a productive concept.  I like how I can customize my blog and profile. It blends my work with personalization.
  My weakest work in my blogs has been my preparation for my Media & Society paper. It has been a great opportunity to organize and efficiently compose my paper but I failed on making it a priority. But my best work can be seen although my page in flamboyant colors. I believe that my http://dstrack.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-7-allegory-of-in-matrix.html stands out as well as http://dstrack.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-4-allegory-of-cave-through-history.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home