Private Vs. Public- Dstrack
There are differences between my private self and my public self that as scary as it may sound its seems as if have two personalities. My private self is always outgoing and willing. When im comfortable is when I believe my private self comes out most. I enjoy the simpler things like laughing and hugs. im hyperactive and witty. Being my private self includes but isn’t limited to sharing good company, eating a large amounts of food, I take pleasure in positive attention like complements. In “private mood” I have a tendency to study every waking moment of life. I can be anywhere from human behaviors and how I can learn from experiences and better myself. I watch informational media like documentaries and historical movies. I have a thirst for knowledge that national geographic and the science channels are able to quench. My private self can be confident yet not every screw is tight.
If im in my public self I tend to be more passive and so that the people around me feel comfortable. I make an effort to impress. In public I am easier to feel inferior to others. Being at the skate park and seeing riders that are so much better then me shuts me down. Regretfully I fear competition. If I were to be embarrassed in my public self it would be the end of my ego. Im not fond of failure and a bad image. Get let down to easy in public self. Which can be a problem now as I think of it.
But when im in public self I do I alter the way I communicate with the individuals specifically according to who they are. If they’re my friends from east new york I lose my proper rhetorics. These probably exist so I can maintain my perspective from people and maybe for acceptance. I change my public self to formal also depending the audience like with family im completely able to act myself and with friends they encourage me unknowing to be myself. I wouldn’t consider that problematic because it is intentional. Im aware that im changing the way I speak or my behavior because of a reason. The day that unknowing I change my entire personality for whom im not just to get a better look for me that’s when a conflict will arise.
Although there are differences I do keep a balance between myself in terms of private and public. For example just yesterday at the grocery store I noticed that I wasn’t acting difference because I was in public I remained interacting with my sibling normally. Not a picture perfect image because we are loud and obnoxious to the extent of course.
Recently if I notice my private self becoming shown and I just go with it. My private self is social so im not shy to say hi to a random person on the train and strike up a conversation. I enjoy talking especially about myself. As for activities my public self and private self are in twine I mix music at parties so my energy comes from my music that I wish to employ to the crowd.
So at times when my private and public self conflict im aware of it and it is for a reason. It is very visible the moments that im private and public. From the people that know me can point out that when im more joyful in my private self. I bring a good presents when im private self and I try to show it in public so that everyone else shares being themselves.

3 Comments:
This is a pretty good analysis about your private and public self. I can see what you mean about striking up random conversations with a random person. Good use of metaphors as well
Doing stuff in public can be hard...i hate the feeling of a queasy stomach every time i think I'm gonna fuck something up in public, but once it is done, I get a thrill off of that rush. I think that maybe that's how you can conquer that fear: using it to your advantage. And if you do mess up, at least you tried which is more than I can say for most people.
I agree that it really isn't a problem if you intentionally change your personality a bit depending on who you are with. It's a good way to make people feel comfortable. You should post up some of the music that you mix. That's really cool.
I also agree that striking up random conversations with random people is fun to do. Also, I can see where you are coming from with the embarrassment in public thing, that is on of my biggest fears. Great post in my opinion.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home